we need to talk about the use of the word virgin. [lol]
virgin, like many other "popular" words,
is used in so many ways its sort of interesting.
property virgin [as in housing]
extra virgin olive oil [evoo as rachel ray says]
and then there's
virgin atlantic airlines
there's a music group called the virgins
there's also being a virgin
in your mouth,
or vagina [or va-guy-na as bruno says lol].
whatever happend to the biblical meaning of virgin:
1. a person who has never had sexual intercourse.
2. an unmarried girl or woman.
3. Ecclesiastical. an unmarried, religious woman, esp. a saint.
4. the Virgin, Mary, the mother of Christ.
5. Informal. any person who is uninitiated, uninformed, or the like: He's still a virgin as far as hard work is concerned. [ a virgin girl or boy will usually be uninitiated and uninformed]
9. being a virgin: a virgin martyr.
10. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of a virgin: virgin modesty.
i dunno just a thought.
and yes i'm a virgin
so i find some of the uses insulting